Is this for real?

I was flipping through my January issue of Pregnancy & Newborn magazine, and in the back there is an ad for "Intelligender Gender Prediction Test". It says it's a urine-based test that claims to be able to tell you the gender of your baby as early as 10 weeks gestation. Seriously? Has anyone tried this? I'm just curious. I'm WAY past that, I only have 4 weeks left of my pregnancy, but this morning I'm just finding a lot of things hard to believe, I guess.

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• funny!!...i was thinking this yesterday
    how long will it be until you can tell gender with a simple pee on a stick test
    i have no idea, but think it real would have heard on news or read something else on this, not just an ad
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:00 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• They have a 50/50 shot at being correct, and they might even have a Money-Back policy if they're wrong. Sounds like a great scam to me!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If they could really do this don't you think Dr.'s would have been using it? I agree, sounds like a great scam at $30 a whack.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No kidding... I posted this more as a joke than really asking if it's real. I can't believe they'd advertise something like that... although who's to say something like that won't exist before my daughter is grown & having children of her own? I just think it's worth a giggle now. :D
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I would think the ultrasound is way more accurate. I don't think I would waste money on the stick. I found out at around 16 weeks what I was having with the ultrasound.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 7:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011