lap top question? Help please!

My ex bf gave me his old lap top. At the time he helped me install a password for it. I cant remember it, for the life of me. We broke up over a year ago and I really dont want to contact him over this. What can I do? He doesnt want it back either b/c he purchased another one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Entertainment

• There is probably a way around it but I have no idea.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:59 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I will give you a bump. Good luck
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:00 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Call your local best buy and see what the Geek Squad can do for you. If it is still under warranty give them a call. If not then break down can contact your ex.. if he doesn't remember and you really do not want to shell out the money for geek squad call around.

Geek squad wanted to charge me 350 for hard drive repairs. 2 hours of calling around and I found someone to fix my hard drive, update my security software and alot more for 120.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 10:02 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Do you know anyone who knows a lot about computers? They should be able to get into it and then you can reset the password.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2011