really, pastor rob?!?!?!?! really?

ok, so im totally getting pissed off. me and dh got married in july. my mother had her cousin, rob, do the ceramony. he was a pastor for our church for yrs while i was growing up so yes he can do it. anyways, we took the liscence to the town, they sent it in to be filed, and it got kicked back, b/c the genius didn't fill it out correctly. so though we are married, we can't prove it!
it is now january, and i STILL haven't gotten what i need. i called cma and they mailed his proof of pastorship to him, he told me he got it. that was a month ago! he has yet to drop it off at my mothers house, and hes about to get an ungodly visit from me!
never hire family to do ANYTHING!
not really a question, but a vent! and no i don't feel any better!

mama2bof2

Asked by mama2bof2 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Yeah I was married this past June and still waiting for the wedding pictures a family member did for us. 7 months later, no album, no wedding photo, nothing. Wish you well in getting this situated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• yepp sometimes its better to hire out side the family for important things even if it cost a little more money
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I would just give up and go to the court house and get legally married. Saves you all the family drama and fighting.
    Sorry about your situation, hope it works out.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• it was my mother who just had to him do the ceremony, and we are legally married, we just can't prove it. im sicking my mother on him....that get the results i want and quick! lol
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• yep i agree dont ask family
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Remember to get this all done by tax time or you may have to file seperate.All things effect this.Have you formally changed your name on bank accounts,car loans,home loans ect?Be sure to change your ss card Too!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i haven't been able to change anything. liscence, ss card, anything. im totally getting pissed.
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. The man should be ashamed of himself.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011