Is today the most depressing day of the year for you?

It was stated today is the most depressing day of the year! Is it for you? When I was 13. On this date. I found the RN like a mom, I had Dead. I was so Sad I couldn't save her! I missed one month of school because of it! Then my life only got worse. But I'm wondering if the news is right? Is today the worst depressing day for you? I hope not. But if you get it out. May all of the rest of the days of the year be Happy for you! Hope its a good day for you! I picked this category. Since I hope its a Fun day for you! Does anyone have school today? Its snowing here!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:18 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• So far, it is =( ... hm that's weird.....i'm trying to keep myself occupied & not think about what's bothering me, but nothings helping =(

& Nope ,no school here and it's not snowing, but i wish it was so my kids and i could go outside and play in it!!!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No, why would it be the 'worse day of the year'. If you are referring to the murder of MLK, it didn't end the movement. It gave it momentum which lead to the passage of the law. Many people have died for a cause. The other person who comes to mind immediately is Ghandi. Others, worldwide, have worked and died to help others. The law being passed gave his death meaning and purpose. Now, I wish he had lived, but I'm glad he was willing to stand and take the risk. Someone had to take up that banner and push to make the problem important.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• hugs to you
    remember the woman she was and still is (if you believe that way)

yes it is snowing here
    daughter has no special ed, but still sleeping! very unusual but yesterday lots of sneezing and start of conjestion
    was hoping to take her to library for story time (always misses it because she is in special ed at those times, but no school today)

hugs to you, remember what a fine woman she was, make it a day you honor her memory with all the wonderful things that made her- her
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:26 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No it's not for me. I don't believe in giving power to something to steal away my joy year after year. I don't mean to sound rude, please believe that. I just don't know how else to word it.
    Kerrigan357

Answer by Kerrigan357 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• no
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 10:28 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• From the op. It was said today is the most depressing day of the year. Since the holidays are over. Dead of winter. And all the credit card bills are coming in. That's what was on TV today. I know the dead of winter. The strange weather.. And for us. Everyone here is Jobless! With more jobs lost soon. More businesses and another Mill closing here. I didn't mean to just list my day. But I did always love snow days and any scheduled day off of school for my DD's! Just to have them home more & enjoy them! Making memories!! I hope today is a Good day for You!
    Angellinda

Comment by Angellinda (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• if you want to believe that media hype......its silly.....there are depressing days if you want them to be depressing. I'm happy.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• You've done well, despite everything Linda. You've got a long and fruitful life ahead of you, find what you were created for and God bless.
    No, I really don't have depressing days and today has been pretty good so far. GL girl!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I heard that Jan 23 is officially the most depressing day of the year. I can believe it! I haaate winter and Jan seems such a long month! If not for my two DD's bdays being this month, I would start a petition to skip it all together!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:11 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Nope. No day is depressing for me, no matter what sad memory may come along with it. I am the happiest woman in creation because I have the the two best Guys in the universe!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:58 AM on Jan. 17, 2011