Hcg levels....I hate this! adult content

My Healthcare Provider is not checking my Hcg levels As I naturally m/c and the U/S showed that my uterus was 'clear', she has just told me that my period will resume in a matter of weeks and to begin TTC again as soon as we feel ready to.
However, my Hcg levels 2 weeks ago when I was 6 weeks along were at 5250. My breasts continue to be tender like they were when I was pregnant. Is there a guideline as to how long it may take for my levels to return to '0'?

Update:  Breasts are still so tender.  The last couple of days they have been even more tender!  I thought that with my m/c over 2 weeks ago that this feeling should be subsiding.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I would think an u/s at any time less the 8 weeks would be hard to see the baby. Just try to relax hopefully she was wrong good luck.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I was just wondering what the timeframe would be for my levels to continue to drop back to zero. We saw our baby and the heartbeat (via a transvaginal U/S) just 2 days before I m/c and when they did the U/S again b/c I had some bleeding a passed 2 clots, they saw no sac or baby so I definitely did m/c. I just wish the tender breasts' symptom would go away and I could feel back to my normal self again as we wish to TTC again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I had an ectopic pregnancy and my levels were at only 300 when I was treated. I had to have my levels checked once a week for 4 weeks after that. I think it was 1 month before they were back to normal. I would think that it will be a few months before your numbers are back to normal.
    I also had a miscarriage, my doctor told me to wait 3 months before TTC again. Make sure you are taking some prenatal vitamins too.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I haven't stopped taking my vitamins and I hope that my period resumes sooner than later. I didn't have the sore breasts with my last m/c In fact, my breast tenderness subsided a few days before I began to m/c and then my period resumed within 6 weeks. I also had a D & C at that time as well. This time, I didn't but have never noticed the breast tenderness subside at all. It is sometimes more sore some days too which is so strange to me as I thought the tenderness should be subsiding.....not staying the same or being more noticeable!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2011