Land line or cell phone?

I find cell phones distracting and would rather have a land line phone. We stopped using cell phones about 8 months ago and I love it. You don't have a ring that is constantly around you. When I had the landlines put in my kids didn't know how to use a regular phone and I found it hilarious. One of my sons said so mom where is the talk button again.

sheer_heart

Asked by sheer_heart at 10:39 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• LOL. I didnt get a cell till I was 18, got it for work. Hate it. Always ringing and beeping. Wish I could just have house phone. People expect you to answer or text back right away. I turn it off at night and wake up to 20-30 texts!!!
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Cell Phones... why have a landline if my phone is always on me?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I have never had a cell phone and do not plan on getting one any time soon. I don't even answer my land-line unless it is family and something important.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 10:42 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• We've always had a landline. we have a fax machine so we need it. We also give out that number for certain things so our cell phone isn't ringing all the time. I don't give out my cell unless it's a way to keep in touch with our kids. My Hubby is the only person besides my Sister that calls me on it. I hate talking on the phone, house or cell. I also DON'T like to text, and if someone sends me one, I will call them back. It pisses some people off, and it keeps them from texting me anymore.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:46 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• honestly a cell phone because i can be in constant contact no matter where i am and i have have to be stuck at home 24/7.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:52 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I have not had a land line since I moved out of my parents house. They are now cell only just like us. I find no reason for a land line.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Cell phone. No need to have two bills
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Land line for us~~I do have a pre-paid cell phone for emergencies etc. I'm not a big phone talker LOL
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 10:57 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• cell bc u can take it anywhere
    KittyGoesRuff

Answer by KittyGoesRuff at 11:32 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Both! I like to have access to real 911 not e-911 while at home. In an emergency a land-line will be much easier for my 4 year old to use, as there is no "talk" button. I also sometimes need to use our fax.
    I also like having the texting ability of a cell phone so I can keep in contact with my younger sister.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 12:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2011