how can I help my 12 year son?

my 12 year boy he did not like to study, know he was in primary 5 last 2 terms he failed he was not learning at home. I was worried, Please help me .

ruk

Asked by ruk at 10:45 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• you can get a tutor or try ecot bc its really recommened and i did it when i was in high school... he may have a learning problem and may need special help... im not sure if u were saying hes home schooled but maybe he needs something more than home... i hope it all works out bc i had issues when i was younger but when i did ecot and went to high school i got alot better...
    ravenbt

Answer by ravenbt at 10:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Set up a meeting with his principal. You can discuss what would work best for your son. If they have special ed, etc, then he can go there for extra help. Get involved, and stay involved. He will see that you're concerned and that might help as well.... GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:59 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Talk to the principal and counselor and have him tested for learning disabilities. If he is home schooled, get him in school so he can get the help he needs.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Sad as it may be for him (and you!) cut the cord to the TV and game machine until the grades show a marked improvement. No 12 year old boy LIKES to study at home, especially if there are distractions around!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• has he been tested at all? maybe they can put him in IEP for some help...

is he jsut forgetful and unorganised? try to help him stay organised-make him clean out his backpack ervery week or two and give him reminders for things if he needs them...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2011