Natural Teeth Whitening Remedies

Ive had braces for almost 2 years and i get them off in 3 weeks ! (thank goodness) the top of my teeth are realllly white compared to the bottom so im just wondering if theres any good remedies to try once i get them off or that i can start today. Id prefer not using the whitening strips because ive heard they eat at the enamel. Thankyou all for your help!

MasonsMommyy

Asked by MasonsMommyy at 10:46 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Health

• You can use baking soda
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• baking soda and peroxide
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• actually biting into fresh strawberries is a "natural" whitener...the other suggestions will be hard on your enamel....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:51 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• brushing your teeth right after something could stain them. adding a little baking soda to your paste or buying one with it in there takes a min to get used to
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 3:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Baking soda with a touch of lemon juice but do it sporadically as it can be too abrasive. I've heard of the strawberry suggestion above and it's total nonsense; it does not work. Try using a whitening toothpaste.
    Anonymous

• Never use anything lemon!Its eats away your enamel!You can use the peroxide method,but be sure to dilute or it too can be bad for your gums!!Take care of your gums!!Without them no need for teeth anyway.Your dentist or orthodontist should refer you to any kind of bleaching.Be prepared for your teeth to feel kind of slimy to you,due to the roughness the braces have felt.I brush without toothpaste sometimes.Its the brush that cleans your teeth not the paste.I was a dental assistant for over 25 years in an orthodontic office.I used to make the retainers,after braces were removed.Wait until the braces come off,then you will be able to tell if bleaching is needed.During removal,most offices will see if you need it or not.We used to clean the teeth after removal with a pumice paste.This usually got rid of any stains.Good Luck
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• a lo t of people think that teeth are made of bone,no they are actually crystals!Crystals that form in hard bone.So if brushing your teeth sounds dull,just say i'm brushing my crystals!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011