prostitution

My DH is doing a paper on prostitution. He was asking my opinion on why it should be stay illegal. (it's a pro/con paper, and he was chosen to do pro-illegal) i thought i'd ask some of you ladies to give him your point of view as well. it would be great help to him. Thanks!

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in

• Because of disease, moral issues, it exploits women, unwanted pregnancies, drug....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:01 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Though I don't have an opinion on it either way, but maybe a pro illegal point would be aiding in STD control? I don't know if that would be a valid point, but perhaps if it were legal, the chances of STDs becoming more widespread would be higher. I wager not all prostitutes use condoms, and if it were legal, there would probably be more potential non-condom using prostitutes.
    Well, if that makes a lick of sense, anyway. LOL
    I don't know if that helps, but I hope he does well on his paper.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:03 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I think it should be illegal. Women shouldnt have sex for money and if it was legal alot more women would start.Its degrading and most women that do it is adicted to drugs and introduced to it. My aunt is a prostitute and that is teaching her children sex for money and drugs are ok and its simply a great way to ruin your life
    stephanieletner

Answer by stephanieletner at 11:04 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Disease would be a big issue for me and how they are spread. However if it was legal and it had to ran in a house with set health guide lines, rules, etc., do you think it would take away from rape? Do you think it would help control stds? So you think man would use them if they where legal? I know I am just asking more question to your question but I was just curious to what you thought. This is a interesting paper your husband has to write. I wish him lots of luck.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 11:07 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I think as a person we have the free rights to do whatever we choose to do for money with our own bodies. Well that's what I used to think, these days I'm not sure. Personally I would never do it due to the risks of murder/STDs/anything could happen. In a pro-illegal sense: it makes streets look a lot worse and may decrease people coming to that area.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 11:08 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• prostitution should remain illegal because the act itself is degrading to women' men for that matter. The prostitute would be seen as property and besides we don't have enough health coverage to cover the health care costs associated with the mental defects and physical health problems - such as HIV/AIDS and other STD's. Child Labor laws could play into this. Does an 18 yr old know what he/she is getting into. How would one regulate the PIMPS for tax reasons.
    momoffour914

Answer by momoffour914 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Take the moral issues away (of COURSE it's degrading, but aren't a lot of jobs?), and you could have a very profitable business IF it were regulated for safety. Look into some of the reasons that a few counties in Nevada decided to legalize it and keep it legal.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It should be legal, regulated and taxed. It's not the govts place to tell consenting adults what they can do to or with their own bodies or to regulate morals.  Regulation means licensing and regular medical checks. It wouldn't instantly clear up all related issues but it would help.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I think it should be legal and regulated. I think if people had to register for it, then they could have testing for it make sure that diseases are found early and treated. Also I agree it would mean regular medical checks and licensing would be a great thing. Plus paying taxes on the money that is earned. I agree it would take some time and all the issues would never be full worked out, although I think it is a better idea then what we have now.

Its a tough one!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It should be legal, regulated and taxed. It's not the govts place to tell consenting adults what they can do to or with their own bodies or to regulate morals. Regulation means licensing and regular medical checks. It wouldn't instantly clear up all related issues but it would help. [friday]

What she said. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

Next question in
online classes?

Next question overall (Health)
Natural Teeth Whitening Remedies