I had a very interesting Sunday...looks as though Monday might try to compete...

Saturday I started having bad back pain...got worse...by Sat night I was cramping in my tummy...having timeable contractions....By Sunday morning I was almost in tears....so DH and I went to hospital.

I am 36 weeks 3 days pregnant so Dr decided to try to stop me, with Breathene (not sure if I spelled it right....) After 3 doses my contractions were still coming but irregular and less strong.

They sent me home after 5 hours. Went home felt ok yesterday afternoon...slept FANTASTICALLY!!! lol

This morning I feel like crap!!!! STILL contracting, REAL contractions, back ache, TONS of discharge, I lost ALL of my mucous plug...huge!

I think I might be having dribbles of amniotic fluid.

I am suppose to be on modified bedrest....

Has anyone else ever had this type of situation happen???

Anyone else ever had a baby at 36 and 1/2 weeks??? how was their health????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 36 weeks is very close to full term. If your body is that insistent that you have the baby now there may be a reason- good or bad. Your body may be telling you that this baby is ready and that your due date was wrong (which happens more often than you may think). call your doctor again and ask to be seen, when you see your doctor make your you ask lots of questions and don't let him/her leave without answering you to the point where you understand.

Good luck!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:38 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Keep us posted on your Monday! It's good for all us future moms to hear the good and bad and ugly. Best of luck!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I just had a baby in September and he was 3 weeks early. He weighed 7lbs and 12oz and is perfectly healthy. I also delivered him without any pain meds, but not by choice (Just didn't make it to hospital in time). If I had gone any longer I am not sure how big he would have been. My husband was 10lbs at birth. I am sure everything is going to be fine. Good Luck!!
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011