Mother involvement

How many times does your mom call you a week/day? How much did she call before you had kids?

Mine went from once or twice a week to 2-3 times a day. It's so irritarting.

bugfin

Asked by bugfin at 11:02 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I talked to my mom everyday and she never found it irritating, as a matter of fact she looked forward to them, would you rather not cared or called at all?

Answer by older at 11:04 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Enjoy it while you can. I would give anything to hear my Moms voice again... When our oldest was a baby until she got sick she would call 2-3 times a day... I didn't mind, she was in love with our son...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Now that you are a mother it should be easier for you to understand the why behind the calls, I didn't suggest black or white here, going by your info that is all.

Answer by older at 11:09 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If you need her to back off either don't take all of her calls or when you answer say I'm running late for an appointment...you'll have to wean her off, so to speak...I think 1-3 a week is more appropriate...especailly if you have little ones, as soon as you get on the phone, they get into trouble ;)
    Experience=Overbearing MIL & Deceased DM who was very overprotective even when I lived 1500 miles away.
    It's more about quality than quantity, right? What new news do you have to share w/eachother when you talk 3x a day.
    glamarina

Answer by glamarina at 11:14 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It's a bit excessive imo. It's not black and white like you suggest older.
    bugfin

Comment by bugfin (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• my mom hates me and wishes I was dead so never.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• depends on whether my mom and I are getting along.....shes a she devil and I could go months without saying a word to her.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• She acts as if I have nothing better to do than listen to her gossip and tell me how to live my life. It's really frustrating and if I mention that I don't care and that I am an adult she gets all passive aggressive and immature about it.
    bugfin

Comment by bugfin (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Mine only calls or texts every couple of weeks. Once I moved out of the house that was about as frequently as she ever contacted me, kids or no...
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:15 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• none I'm lucky if its once every two weeks. She is not the grandmotherly type
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 11:17 AM on Jan. 17, 2011