Who is more musically talented? Kids or you/SO?

Sings, plays instruments,.....

kingkongsmom

Asked by kingkongsmom at 11:18 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Our oldest is most talented in our family...just about every brass instrument, keyboard, guitar.
    mamagoose524

Answer by mamagoose524 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Me, definitely. I sing, play six instruments, and majored in music for a couple years. Although my daughter's only 3, so we'll see about her later.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:19 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• As of right now, me. My son is definitely headed in that direction. He sings and makes up his own songs. I bought him a guitar for Christmas and a friend of mine is giving him lessons. Plus he is learning to play the piano. He will be way ahead of me in no time.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:20 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My son is only 3 1/2, so no talent there yet (but he really loves music, his Alphie toy the only card he wants to play is the instruments one, LOL). DH however can play music by ear. He admits he's not spectacular (lack of practice), but he can play certain sounds on the guitar just by listening to them. He played in band in high school, but I can't remember what instrument he said he played.

And his older brother (and his wife) have a local rock band in their hometown so there is musical talent in the family. My oldest niece and nephew can also play instruments.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My husband is very intuned to music. He doesn't know how to read music off a page, but he can learn a song by ear. He learned a really hard rock song (Forgot which one) on the guitar just by hearing it. Even his brother, who is SUPER talented on the guitar was impressed. My daughter is showing signs of being very interested in music. She loves the musical instrument toys we have. Like the pianos, flutes, and drums. She's definately going to follow her daddy and uncle's footsteps.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:27 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Me. I am hoping at least one of my daughters my show and interest in or talent for music as well though!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:32 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I love to sing and my kids all play instruments..My DH doesn't really have an musical talent.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• my husband can sing, I hope the kids take after him that way.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Well, DH is a high school band director, so I will have to go with him on this one :)
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Me. I play the violin, used to play the flute and taught myself the recorder (on a whim to entertain the kids). I can't sing, though. I know how to read music and all that.
    My husband supposedly played the guitar when he was younger but I have no idea about that.
    The kids haven't inherited any of my music genes apparently.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:12 AM on Jan. 18, 2011