quilts?

do you like the all ready makes baby things or would you rather have a nice hand designed one?

cara124

Asked by cara124 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I cherish the handmade blanket that was given to me by my aunt when I was born, so I'm in the process of making one like it for my upcoming baby. I don't think I'd feel the same about a store-bought blanket, no matter how soft and nice, because it's the thought of all the time and energy and personal decisions that went into it that make heirlooms n our family.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I'd rather make my own things. I've made both of my children quilts and plan on making one for the third baby when I get a new needle for my machine. I've also knitted the new baby two hats and a carseat cozy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:21 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Some of the commercial baby stuff is cute, but I would cherish something that came from the heart and if someone took the time to make my baby a quilt. My mom makes them for all her grandchildren out of their grandfather's work shirts, they look pretty cool.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I would love to make my own but I am not that good.
    sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 11:34 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Depends. I know someone who makes quilts and she has the ugliest taste in quilts she makes...... I'd rather buy it then have that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jan. 17, 2011