Labor Question...

Okay, You know how you can stay at 3 cm for like a month..well how long can you stay dilated at 4 cm..with your 3rd child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sorry no one can answer that she or he is goin to come out when ever they are ready. good luck
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 10:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• my dr puts u in the hospital when ur 4cm and get it goin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• the same as 3 cm...as far as I know. Happy Laboring...
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 10:31 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I am not sure how long you can stay at 4cm. My fourth baby I went in at 4cm had some contractions. They kept me over night and sent me home since I was not progressing. The next morning my water broke. When I got to the hospital I was fully dilated and the baby was breeched. Still to this day I am pissed at that doctor. I was shy of 36 wks, already had 2 preemies. I have strep B and needed to be on antibiotics for hours before delivering and he sent me home. That doctor is lucky she was born by c-section and not vaginal. I would be pissed if she got infected.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• well. I was four cm at 7 months...they put me on bedrest till 36 weeks. Once I went to the dr. that next week I was 5cm and the week after that I was 6 cm. The dr. was going to send me back home, but since she was going on vacation she decided to induce me. (I was only having minor contractions once I hit 36 wk, but I had no idea that they were in fact contractions.) Dont know if this helps but this was my story.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 10:45 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• it could take al;ong time or it could go really fast, i was at four cm and then like 10 min later i called the nurse back in because i was in so much pain and she checked and i was all the way to 10, but with my other preg. it did not work out that well. it all depends on you body. but im surprised that you doctor didnt put you in the hospital at 4 cause thats what all my doctors have done
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 11:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• How far along are you?? I would start walking as much as possible and let gravity help move things along!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 12:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2008