Drinking water

I am on a diet. I know drinking water helps. Is it the same when you use the propel or crystal light packets to give it flavor? Does adding that mess it up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I think it is fine to add Crystal light. I`m a fan of CL. good luck on your diet. I am on one too.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I used to live off of Propel until I was told that all the artificial sweeteners were actually very bad for the system, even though they don't contribute actual calories. Sadly my water intake is WAY down now, but I do feel like I did my body a favor by quittting my 5-10 pack a day habit!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Messes it up.

Crystal Lite is another product that contains 100% chemical engineering and no food. One of the things artificial sweeteners are known to do is increase appetite, specifically for sweetened foods --so while they're sipping their 'zero calorie' flavoured and coloured water, they're also increasing how much they need to eat to feel satisfied.

It would be fun to pretend that the makers of Crystal Lite (that's Kraft Foods, the world's largest food manufacturer, btw) didn't know that, wouldn't it?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:59 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• What about adding a squeeze of lemon instead? Or maybe some cucumber? It's much healthier, and adds some flavor without adding weird chemicals or salt (Propel has a lot of salt and sugar substitutes). Plus, the lemon is good for your liver.
    Give it time- you'll soon be used to water! It's all I drink anymore (except my coffee).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• You should check out the amount of sugar and calories in the drink to see how it will effect your diet, but it should be fine.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• You need water to flush everything out in your system ... you don't want your kidneys being flushed with aspertame, do you?! Maybe 1 or 2 cups a day is ok, but try to get the plain stuff down (plain or adding citrus, etc.)
    TarraJoy

Answer by TarraJoy at 2:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Adding to water takes away its usefulness. I'm not sure how, but that what the doc told me.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2011