I need to lost weight and I don't know how to do it.

Hi everyone, My name is Kayla. I'm 23 years old and have 3 beautiful children. There pretty close in age starting at 3 my oldest, 2 my middle, and 4 months my youngest.
Before I got pregnant with my 1st baby I used to weigh 105 lbs. I'd freak out if I got over 110 (I'm only 5'2) anyway the thing is I never worked out, I ate everything. I'd get a craving for something like Reese's candy and end up eating an entire bag of them in a day or two. I never gained weight. Than when I got pregnant I still ate like that and of course ended up gaining 50 lbs. With each pregnancy I've put on a little more weight. I now weigh around 180 lbs.
I can't stand the way I look. I'm sick of it but I don't know how to lose it. I never had the self control when It came to food but it didn't matter, I still stayed small. When I think about working out its terrifying because I have no idea what i'm doing.
Does anyone have any advise? Anyone who has lost weight? Please I need help. I don't have much money so whatever I do I'm gonna have to do on my own.
Please help :(

kaylaylshfr

Asked by kaylaylshfr at 11:42 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• If you can afford it, start going to Weight Watchers. They do an excellent job of teaching you about nutrition and calories and walking you through healthy eating and weight loss.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:44 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Exactly the opposite of how you gained it, which was eat more/move less.

You need to eat less (pick healthier, more satisfying foods along the way, unless you like being tired, cranky and hungry all the time) and move more.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:46 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• weight watchers here too. My dd and I have been on the program since November and have both lost about 15 lbs. We just changed our eating habits. Weight watchers uses a point system and once you get it going its really fun and easy. I used to be just like you. I work and my am meal consisted of a coke and chips..lol, those where the days. Now I eat a low fat bagle with a fat free slice of cheese on it. We also make something called, "vegetable medley". We mix it up a bit to keep from getting bored. We have switched to ground turkey for spagetti and wheat pasta. You would be amazed how little changes make such a big difference. Good luck
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:48 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I'm eating clean, and I've lost 42 lbs so far.  I have a journal here with the basics.  I like it because I'm not starving (which doesn't work for me), and it's a lifestyle change, not a crash diet.  It's healthy and doesn't eliminate any major food groups.  It cuts out sugar, which can be difficult at first, but I've found that within a week or two, you don't crave sugar anymore.  I also exercise 5-6 days a week (I felt like a slug last week for "only" exercising 4 days!), which has REALLY upped my energy.  I was 261 lbs.  I'm now 219, and I've got a long way to go, but I feel GREAT!!  I'm happy to offer some help if you need it.  =)
    For exercise, I'm doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, running, cycling, swimming, and going to the gym for weights.  I ran 2.5 miles for the first time in my life yesterday!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I'm in the same boat except one little thing. I always been able to gain the weight. Never could eat anything I want and not gain something. UGH! I'm 21, 2 kids 5'3 & 202lbs Sucks don't it! I want a treadmill,(no money has always & it doesn't have to be fancy!) but given who my neighbors are I don't want to walk on our road. Crazy people. Anyways..,.If I had any advice I'd give it to you but sorry!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• @rebel07- are there any walking trails that you can drive to? I just started driving to where I go running, and it's just beautiful! Plus, it really opens you up to new places to go.
    Exercise doesn't have to be expensive. Invest in a few hand weights or resistance bands, maybe a balance ball and a few good videos (I do highly recommend anything by Jillian Michaels), and you're all set! If you have access to a pool and a bike, all the better. Play with the kids outside, get them involved. My son does my Jillian Michaels video with me! I also take him in the jogger sometimes, when DH isn't available to watch him.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:59 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• there is one simple things to start with. WATER. if you are not a water drinker start drinking it. that is how i intially lost weight. i lost it over 10 years ago. then do something simple like taking stairs instead of elevators. parking farther away at the stores. yes its difficult in the cold but you just walk faster to get to the store which then it brings up the heart beat. its just little changes that will make a difference. now go out and buy a work out dvd. i use to belong to 2gyms at one time and do the wiifit at home and i had tons of dvds but to start off i did with walking on a treadmill but if you don;t have one i suggest leslie sansones walk away the pounds. might seems silly but don;t need that much room and it really works. those are some suggestions about the exercise part. everyone finds their preferred method. cont.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• the food can be stricky. but you can start by keeping a journal. accountablity matters big time. if you don;t write it down its like it doesn;t exist but it does on the scale. so make sure every thing and i mean a stick of gum gets written down. use smaller plates. and the best thing is to think of this way shop at the supper market from out to in. meaning that all the good stuff is usually on the outside...fruits, veggies, dairy, cheese, yogurt, eggs. if you want any other suggestion let me know. i use to work at a weight loss center. this was my life. i love helping others lose weight. just don;t get discouraged and just keep thinking about your goals. it wont be easy but its worth it in the end. oh i lost about 70lbs. good luck!
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I would consult with your dr. who would be able to tell you what you need to do to get healthy and should be able to offer resources for trusted proffesional trainers, etc.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Put down the peanut butter cups. Eat less. It actually saves you money.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011