No remorse?

So we found out that the shooter is basically an anarchist neither left nor right

Supossidly he is also showing no signs of remorse..

Arizona's most notorious new prisoner is showing no remorse at all for his heinous actions, sources told the New York Post.

Jared Lee Loughner's eyes look "dead -- he's pure evil," one prison worker told a visitor.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/17/jailed-arizona-gunman-showing-remorse/#ixzz...

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 11:46 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• People who are lost and insane have one particular attribute in common: total flat-lining of emotions.

He has probably been out of touch with reality, disconnected from life and his own reaction to it, for a great many of his years alive... which is one of the more predictable things about people who plan and execute an insane rampage.

It has nothing to do with being 'evil' --it's a mental disorder. When (or more probably, 'if', since our mental 'health' treatment is primitive and almost universally ineffective) he regains his sanity, that attribute will be gone. At which point what he did can be calmly explained to him (because he'll likely have no memory of it), and he will react normally.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If he is indeed crazy then there are some things associated with mental illness, like they can be sociopaths. Sociopaths along with Psychopaths have no real emotion. They take great pleasure is hurting others. It sounds like he has one of these underlying issues.

Answer by gemgem at 11:53 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I believe so too gem
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• He is currently incapable , and not evil

He is psychotic...Mental illness isn't evil, although it could make one do terrible things

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I think we should start warning each other when that mug shot is on the link. LOL His eyes freak me out!

I suspected he was an anarchist since he had books from both right and left ideologies. I was tying to explain that to someone, and used this as an example of where anarchism fits into the political spectrum, while it's sometimes far left or far right, it's really neither (or both).

Political Spectrum.

It's like they're on the other side of the 'circle' from the rest of us on either side of centrist views. There are rational, sane people who have those views though, but due to his mental illness he probably gets them all mixed up in his ramblings. So, while he thought about politics, it may not have been based on rational thoughts. He seems mentally ill, and it's sad that he didn't get help before so many were hurt and killed.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Having been raised by a sociopath, I know all too well the degree of detachment a sociopath is capable of. I firmly believe the brains of sociopaths are wired differently--no matter how much love and affection they are shown by their parents, friends and family members, they still "feel nothing."
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Sounds like Antisocial Personality Disorder.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• IF he indeed is a psychopath he would not have the ability to feel remorse-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Thing is, some of his friends say he wasn't always like this. His parents never said he had any mental problems. Had strong feelings about what was happening in the government, didn't like Bush and thought he knew of 9-11 but he never seemed crazy. Just what pushed him over the edge? Weird I think. I fully believe he knew what he was doing though.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011