Rein

I have seen two people today with a daughter named Rein, I assume this is meant to be a unique spelling of Rain or are people really starting to name their children after horse reins? and if it's meant to be a unique spelling of Rain, are people really trying so hard to be unique these days that they don't even realize they are naming their children after horse ridding equipment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Baby Names

• My cousin named her daughter Rein, she just like it and felt it fit her daughter. She is now 4 years old.
    sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 11:48 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I'm Sure that they are just tryin to be different. My sons name is Braxten, and I did not name him after Braxton hicks contractions, I liked the name and wanted a different spelling.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I've seen Bret Michael's daughter has a name of "Reinbough" or something like that, they call her Rein for short.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• And pretty soon people will start naming their children Rain when Rein becomes too frequently used!

Yes, horse rein...lovely name for your little baby girl, isn't it? Some people try so hard to be different and they completely forget to take the child's feelings into account.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I agree with spottedpony. She took the words right out of my mouth.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I would do Rhaine and only for a boy
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• real estate information network
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My sister was going to name her daughter Tyranny. She had NO idea what the word meant. With how she lets her now teenage daughter act, I should have let her name her that.
    I do think that people think of how the name sounds and honestly do not know what some of the words mean. As a teacher, I have heard some pretty strange names or names that make you think "Why on EARTH would you name your child THAT!" The kids are usually picked on and want some sort of nickname.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:42 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I wanted my daughter to be Raine, DH didn't like it so his pick to go along the same lines was "Stormy". I think that sounds like a stripper name. We ended up naming her Kaylee. :D
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 9:00 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have a friend that wanted Ashton Leigh. Her DH didn't like it so she combined it into Ashleigh. (Thought it was different) Then moved into a new house. Had Ashley on one side and Ashlee on the other. Her , now adult, daughter hates that she gave in to Dad and has threatened to change it just because there are sooooo many "Ashley's". The point is: if it's a popular name for the day it doesn't matter how you SPELL it. If you like it - use it. If you want to change the spelling, go ahead! Just make sure you haven't turned it into something that will be used against them as they grow up. Rhane Beau might not be great for a boy.
    knappkin

Answer by knappkin at 11:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2011