What are the causes of tingling/numbness in my foot?

My left foot is constantly feeling like it wants to fall asleep when I lay down and sometimes when I am standing. I've tried soaking it in warm water, which it temporarily worked. Last night I slept with no problems and awoke with none. But later when I layed down to watch t.v. it started again. I guess I should also mention that I am currently sleeping on the couch due to DH loud snoring (if he hadn't just gotten back surgery he would definitely be on the couch! lol!) Any ideas or advice? Is there anything I can do about it?Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Health

• Compression of either the nerves (if it's just tingly) or blood vessels (if it's also cold or blue) caused by the position of your body. While this is more often seen in obese people (because fat weighs a lot), it can be caused by too-tight clothing or just being positioned in a way that pinches or impeded blood flow in anyone.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:55 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• A chiropractor said tingling in the feet or toes is caused by compressed nerves which could be taken care of by having an adjustment.
    dkvhensley

Answer by dkvhensley at 12:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011