Anyone tried Alli?

DH and I are using it now. Having trouble losing weight since we both turned 40 :(

TALuke

Asked by TALuke at 12:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Not for a million dollars a day.

Read the side effects. If, when you're finished with that you still want to take them ... and are willing to go on the extremely low-fat diet the manufacturer recommends, stop taking the pills and stay on the diet. That alone will lower your bodyfat ratio.

If you'd like to get fit and healthy, you're going to have to leave the pills at the store and walk home. Then walk somewhere else tomorrow. Continue daily until you can walk 50% faster over the same distance, or 50% father in the same time... continue walking every day, and start lifting weights.

mmmmm... anal leakage....
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I wasn't going to say anal leakage, but since LindaClement went there... I agree completely! Not a fan of anal leakage!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I haven't. Good Luck!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No, I'm not a fan of the side effects. I've been eating clean (lost 42 lbs so far), and I'd highly recommend it!  The link is for my journal with the basics of eating clean.  I also exercise 5-6 days a week.

I don't like the idea of taking a pill to fix my weight.  It's not permanent, and most of the time, when you stop taking the pills, you gain back the weight, plus more, because you've slowed your metabolism.

I'd HIGHLY recommend you look into eating clean.  Any book by Tosca Reno can help give you more in-depth info.

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I heard you need to wear a diaper. You ooze oil out your ass. Eeeewwwww.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i dont think its worth the extra 1 lb it helps you to lose as you lose 2 ON YOUR OWN a week. my thought is to amp up your exercising as you'd have to follow THEIR diet too.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• well I tried it an yeah let's just say u need a diaper
    KittyGoesRuff

Answer by KittyGoesRuff at 12:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Wow. Thanks for the comments!
    TALuke

Comment by TALuke (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011