What are my options for getting pregnant if my husband's vasectomy reversal was unsuccessful?

He is getting the reversal done, but we are looking for other options in case it is not successful. Do we have options for conceiving our own children?

Hischild30

Asked by Hischild30 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• You'd have to talk to a fertility specialist. There's not a good chance that you can use his sperm if the reversal doesn't go well. I hope it does! Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It is possible (although probably horrifically expensive) to do sperm extraction. He still makes sperm, it's just cut off from the outside world, so his body reabsorbs it.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• What LindsClement states. They can extract the sperm and impregnate you. It won't be done the old-fasioned way but it can be done.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Thank you so much, I will do some research into sperm extraction!
    Hischild30

Comment by Hischild30 (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2011