Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are my options for getting pregnant if my husband's vasectomy reversal was unsuccessful?

He is getting the reversal done, but we are looking for other options in case it is not successful. Do we have options for conceiving our own children?

Answer Question

Asked by Hischild30 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • You'd have to talk to a fertility specialist. There's not a good chance that you can use his sperm if the reversal doesn't go well. I hope it does! Good luck!

    Answer by musicpisces at 12:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

  • It is possible (although probably horrifically expensive) to do sperm extraction. He still makes sperm, it's just cut off from the outside world, so his body reabsorbs it.

    Answer by LindaClement at 12:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

  • What LindsClement states. They can extract the sperm and impregnate you. It won't be done the old-fasioned way but it can be done.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

  • Thank you so much, I will do some research into sperm extraction!

    Comment by Hischild30 (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.