7 month old with cough and congestion

Would you take a 7 month old in for a cough.. He dosent have a fever his older brother has a bad cough too.. He is still eating ( breastfeeding) pretty good. Seem a little cranky but not to bad .. He had this cough for like 5 days.. the cough sound iky? I hate to take him in for just a could? Should we still be worried alot at 7 months.???

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 12:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does the cough sound like croup? Like a seal barking? If so then you should take him in.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No it dosent sound croupy ..
    muslimmom

Comment by muslimmom (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If he doesn't have a fever and is still eating and drinking then I would play it by ear. You can always call your doctor and they will let you know what they think you should do.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My son had a cough that lasted for months. Every time I took him to the doctor, for other unrelated things, his doctor said it was just something he had to get over, and he did eventually. His started at 4 months.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2011