How does drinking tons of water help with weight loss?

I'm floating! lol
I don't really get why though. :))
Besides the obvious drinking water instead of other things how does drinking tons of it help?
Thanks!

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Health

• Sometimes when you think you are hungry, you are actually thirsty. Water can make you feel full so you eat less. Water washes out the "crap" in your system. You don't retain water as much when you are well hydrated.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 12:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It isn't about drinking a ton of water. It's about drinking about 8 glasses of water a day. The water helps flush out toxins, it is NO calories, no fat, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yeah, it is like a detox!

Answer by older at 12:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• lol Thanks guys!
    I'm peeing every 2 min!
    mommymeg03

Comment by mommymeg03 (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It also raises your metablolism.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Water is the most natural and healthiest drink you can drink. It easily goes through your body, so it soaks up the nutrients fast and clenses as it goes down. It hydrates you the easiest as well. Which helps you stay energized and healthy while working out. Sodas have lots of articials in them and lots of sugar, which clogs the pipes. Causing you to lose energy. Coffee has caffine which brings you up and crashes you down. Water doesn't have any of that, which allows you to keep going.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Don't overdo it - suggested amount is half your weight in ounces (for me, I weigh 200lbs, so I'm supposed to drink 100 oz a day). Too much water can be lethal.
    Anonymous