Step Parenting

I have a 16 yo step dghtr that lives with her bio mom. Her dad (my husband) has guilt so he goes behind my back and sends $$. We already pay a lot of CS, and bio mom won't work. I am about DONE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• Ok, while I think the bio mom should get a job, I still think you are out of line. It's his daughter; perhaps it's not so much a sense of guilt as that he is trying to make sure that his daughter is well taken care of. And let's be hoenst here, "we" don't pay the cs, "he" does.

And for the record, before you decide to get nasty, yes I am a bio mom and no, I don't get the cs that he is supposed to pay. But, regardless, I'd be pissed if you were all upset about him living up to his responsibilities. Most women would be thrilled to have found a guy who does what he should.
    Anonymous

• This is just my opinion, but I believe your issue is not with his daughter, nor the fact that he is giving over money. Your issue seems to be the OTHER women? You sound threatened? Regardless of what the situation is his daughter and her well being is suppose to be his top and number one priority. Yes, granted she doesn't have a job, and maybe should consider having his daughter live with the two of you.

But either way, if the money is helping his daughter have a home with lights, food in her belly, and a warm bed to sleep in. He is doing what is right, and shouldn't be told to do otherwise.

sweetpea04

Answer by sweetpea04 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• If he was neglecting his duties as your hubby by paying the bills for your household because of giving his ex "extra" money, yes, that would be an issue.
    If he's keeping up with his part in supporting you, I don't see the problem with him helping his daughter out. And yes, child support is supposed to be about making sure the child has a home & the necessities.
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 8:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2008