child support and dna testing??

My sons father once again is denying our son. I live in NY right now but at the end of the month Im going to move to Ohio with a friend. My son is due in March. If I am in Ohio and hes in NY how do I go about getting the dna and child support, he has already made it clear he wants no part of this baby. Does anyone know where I would go to start all the filing and paper work?

QuincesMommy

Asked by QuincesMommy at 12:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Through whichever state the baby is born in.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• You wait until the baby is born and file at that county's child support agency and let them take care of how to get the DNA and stuff. All you need is address, SSN, where he works, DOB of the father. The more info you know on him, the better and easier the process will go.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Been there, done that ''/ you go straight to department of child support enforcement, they'll serve him w/ papers, and the dna testing will begin, you and your ds will get tested in ur state, he will get tested in his. thats exactly what happened w/ my brother's dad and his ''daughter'' It's a long process, sometimes, but once that test comes back and says its his son, id laugh right in his face! ugh i hate men who cant take care of there responsibilities.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If the baby is born in Ohio, you won't even need to know where he works. But I agree that the more information you have the easier the process will be.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i know everything except his address, I know where he lives though and his mom, and his gf first and last name. And thats all I need? I also have his ssn and hes been to jail about 3 times recently so Im thinking that should make it easier. Also he said he will lie about the amount he makes so can i request he shows paystubs and get it directly out of his check?
    QuincesMommy

Comment by QuincesMommy (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Odds are they will request either proof of income from him or from his employer.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Why don't you just put him on the birth certificate, then it's his responsibility to disprove that the baby is his with a dna test. If he's on the birth certificate, he can't get out of child support unless a dna test reveals that he's not the father.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• He has to sign it and he doesnt want to be there when the baby is born
    QuincesMommy

Comment by QuincesMommy (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• after the baby is born you will need to call the local child support office, they will want to know any info you can give on the father so the more info you can give the better...if you can get his address and his mothers address (just in case he moves) that would be best. They will send him a certified letter and if he contests that the baby is his he will be ordered to take a DNA test...you will both get a date to get a test taken locally after the results come back that he is the father he will be ordered to pay child support and pay for the DNA test.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• he does not have to sign the birth certificate for you to put his name on it and you can also give the baby your last name, even with the father on the birth certificate...I am from Ohio and my sister just went through this same situation. He will also be ordered to pay back child support from the time the baby was born until the order was created.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2011