RAPE sensitive subject ADULT CONTENT adult content

this weekend i went to a party, the subject of RAPE came up. to my surprise almost every woman at the party has been RAPED! either incest, ex-boyfriend, someone they new stranger ect.. so many shared it wasn't a dry eye in the place. for the first time in twenty years i opened up about my rape.
i was next door at my bf's her cousin had this crush on me that went to far, i had told him on more than one ocassion that i was not interested in him, he still made comments and tried. well the day this happened i was on my period and normally when he came around i'd just leave, this day i went in her room and finished studying he came in the room and had his way with me, i cried and screamed and with all my strenght was not able to get him off me, infact his cousin and i both faught him off me, finally he got up and i will never forget the words he said to me " I PLAY TO MANY GAMES, I NO I WANT HIM" he left out the door. the sad part is i never said a word to anyone else because in my mind i thought maybe if i went home when i sa him it wouldn't have happened, years later i did confront him and he act as if i was crazy, as if we was in a relationship.
so many other women had simular stories, they never told, or reported it. are you a victim of RAPE? please share.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I am very sorry that happened to you. 1 in 4 women will be sexually abused or raped in their life time which is a disgusting statistic. I am a victim of sexual abuse myself, which happened when I was 13. I blamed myself and never told anyone until recently either. Most of my friends have been either abused or raped also.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I am. I actually don't even no where to begin to tell you. Send me a PM if you really want to know.
    All I know is, it was horrific. I know I've overcome a lot! I'm healing...its only taken 10+ years.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I was date raped at 19. Met a guy at the beach and went with him. His friend was supposed to lead my friends to the house but ditched them instead.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 12:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I want raped. but I was molested by a family member when I was about 7. I didnt tell anyone until the SOB died because he was a very scary person.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I was 16 or 17 with a group some friends some people I did not know anyways I am very ashamed to say we drnk alot to the point where my girlfriend and I couldntwalk I remember opening my eyes in a wooded area with one of the older guys on top of me having his way with me.
    I have nver thought this outloud or wrought it down in tweny years this is very difficult,
    I also could say possibly with my first husband not sure I kind of dont think of these things for a reason and dont realy wantto know the anser for a reason,
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I was intimidated into non violent sex w a man that I certainly didn't want.  He was a friend of our family.   I was 14.   That's what happened to me and i never told anyone.  I know the statistics are disgusting when it comes to women who are abused but what has suprised me over the years is how many men I have come across who say something sexual happened to them as young children.  I'm not discounting the original post I just thought it was an interesting piece of information. 

RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 12:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I was sexually assaulted when I was 15. I wasn't raped because he had a twisted sense of honor. He tried but when I started crying, he asked me if I was a virgin. When I said yes, he stopped because my first time should be with someone I loved. It didn't stop him from sitting on my chest with his hand around my throat, and groping my breasts or trying to penetrate me with his fingers though.

I finally told when he started stalking me. I didn't press charges because I was afraid (I was afraid people would blame me). His brother found out and beat the hell out him with a baseball bat for me, broke his arm in 2 places.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• 14 years ago, a friend called her uncle to pick us up from the bar because we'd both had too many drinks to drive. I was drinking a lot back then, and would frequently black out when I reached my limit. My friend and I were giggling and crazy on the ride home, but from there I don't have a clear picture of what happened, as I was in and out of consciousness. I just know that in a sober state I never would have agreed to what happened with her uncle after we got to her grandma's house. Rape? I never reported it to the police or even my friend. Her uncle certainly took advantage of the situation, but I can't be sure what I said or did to facilitate it because of all the alcohol I'd had...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• In my senior year of hs, a bunch on my gf's were having a conversation about this...and all but 1 had some sort of inapprioate sexual act or conduct to report..most from family members and lose family friends...it was very sad,,,It really freaks me out for my KIDS...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No I am a survivor of rape. As of tomorrow, it will be 6 years ago exactly it happened. It was by a guy who called himself my friend. I did report it but nothing happened. Some days/weeks/months/years are easier than others. Like last year it was very easy to deal with. This year it is so stressful on me I have to be on medication just to function. I have thought about bringing a civil suit against him for the pain he has caused but lack the money for a lawyer.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011