Do you think abortions should be allowed without the father's permission?

Didn't quite know where to put it so I put it in parenting debate!

leah_rai

Asked by leah_rai at 1:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Aren't they already? It takes two to make a baby, but it's mom who has to carry it. If dad wants to keep the baby and mom doesn't, intimately it's up to her. However, I do think something could be worked out and I personally don't believe that abortion is the answer.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes, I know they are already, I'm just asking if it's right, to reword it!
    leah_rai

Comment by leah_rai (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• A sperm donor shouldn't be given the same consideration as a father.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• yes, woman are usally the ones who assume all the resopnsibilty, so why should anyone have a say on what a woman decide to do with her body KEY WORD HER BODY SO HER CHOICE!
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 1:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Pros and cons to the situation.

I'm only for abortion if it was medically to save the womens life, no more.
    It's the womens body, going through the transition ect. so, no

If they are having an abortion just as a form of BC, they should need daddys permission!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Absolutely.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 1:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes. It's not his body being affected.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I think it depends. Of course if it was a rape or incest situation-no. But, I can understand if the woman was in a relationship, maybe yes.

A friend of mine was in a long term relationship with a woman, I'll call Jodi Jodi had a child by a previous relationship. Well, Jodi became pregant and John was estatic. One day, Jodi called John at work and said she had a miscarriage. She said she was having bleeding and went to the doctor and he said she miscarried. John grieved as he really wanted a child.
    A couple of months later, John received a bill from a doctor. He didn't know what it was for and called to confirm the code. His girlfriend had an abortion, not a miscarriage. He confronted her and she confessed that she lied. She just decided she didn't want the child and knew he wouldn't agree so she decided she would just do it and tell him it was a miscarriage. She couldn't understand why he was upset.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes I do. I don't like the idea that a woman wouldn't take his feelings in to account, but the fact of the matter is she is the one that has to make the choice. If they are married I would hope that she would at least involve him in the choice. But what if he's her rapist? What if he was just a one night stand and she doesn't know where to find him? What if he's the abusive boyfriend who insists he can't have children? There are way to many variables to take in to account where telling the father is either impossible or dangerous or something else.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If a man can be obligated to pay child support for a child he did not want a woman should be obligated to deliver a child she does not want if the man wants the child and will care for it. That child the woman is carrying is just as much his as it is hers.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2011