Birth Control Options

I currently have Nuva Ring, but i'm thinking of switching to Merina! Only problem is....I've heard horrible stories about that BC!! And what do they mean only thing you have to do every month is ''check your threads'' ????

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Health

• I have the paraguard 1o year copper IUD and I love it. There are strings that you check to make sure it is in place but they are cut very short and SO has never been able to feel them. It is almost painless getting it inserted and can be removed in just one visit to the doctor and you go straight back to normal fertility. I would recommend it to anyone.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Mirena is different with each person...either you love it or hate it. When you "check your strings" you just have to check to make sure the strings are still where they are supposed to be....they are cut short when you get it placed so most people do not feel them unless they are checking for them. I would suggest you also look into Paraguard if you are considering Mirena...I didnt know about paraguard before I got mirena and wish I had...it is a non hormonal IUD.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• There is a thread that hangs down in your vagina- you have to check to make sure it is still there!
    I have heard it can make your periods go away all together. That would drive me crazy, but I know a lot of people would love it.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 1:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Sometimes (not ever knowing) it comes out. I wouldnt get it. I've heard of alot of pregnancies cuz it came out & they didnt know. So there's a string that u can feel if u reach up in there. I talked 2 my doctor about it. They said sometimes if the doctor cant measure the string right a man can feel i when they have sex & it pokes them lol. I swear.
    ArmywifeNatasha

Answer by ArmywifeNatasha at 1:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2011