Alfredo sauce?

I need alfredo sauce, from a jar, for a quick meal. I have tried Prego and Newmans Own, and I think they taste like stinky feet. Do you know of a sauce that doesn't have that funky cheesey, rubber quality to it?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 1:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Try the Knorr brand dry packets of pasta sausce that you add milk to and simmer on the stove for 5 minutes... Better than jar, but not as good as home-made...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Well if you have a homemade recipe I would love to have it. I have been searching online, but nothing I like so far.
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I love the Newman's Own Alfredo sauce. Prego is also good.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I like Ragu for Alfredo sauce
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I like Newmans marinara and his salsa, but his alfredo has a stinky gross taste I did not like at all.
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• this one sounds nice and easy and tasty http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Alfredo-Sauce-2/Detail.aspx

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I can tell you how to make it in the same time you could heat a jar. Melt 1/2 stick of butter in a pan over medium heat. While it is melting heat 3 cups of milk in the microwave for 2 minutes. When the butter is melted stir in 1/4 cup flour. Stir until bubbly and blended. Slowly pour in the heated milk (you can use half and half if you like) and whisk until smooth. Reduce heat to medium low. Stir with a wooden spoon until thick. Add 1 to 1/2 cups of shredded parmesan cheese. Add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of salt and ground pepper to taste. Stir until cheese is melted. If you like it to have garlic, add some fresh or jarred garlic with the butter. If you only have granulated garlic and 1/2 teaspoon with the salt. You can adjust the seasonings to suit your tastes. If you use lowfat milk it is likely to curdle when heated. Make sure the heat is on low if using lowfat milk and stir constantly.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I mistyped the amount of cheese... 1 to 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
    Marwill

• Seriously, google the olive garden copy cat alfredo recipe. It's pretty awesome =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• try the mac grill take home box pretty good doesn't taste exactly like the restaurant though
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2011