would you or your husband...

keep an immoral friend?

if you or your husband had a friend who continued along an immoral path after having it pointed out and showing how it is hurting others... would either of you keep that friend or just let that one go???

Im shocked at some of the posts on here about friends doing such horrid things and people still calling them friends.  Dont we teach our children to make "good" friends???  If your friend is unwilling to change an immoral way of life... WHY would you keep that person in your life???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• my mother always said " you lie with dogs, you get fleas."
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No, my husband and I would not keep friends like that. We have done it to one couple that we were friends with and we just arent going to be around people who do not share teh same morals that we do :)
    mmyrick7

Answer by mmyrick7 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yep! None of my business what they do, as long as it isn't directly around me/family
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No.If it was affecting our family & relationship than i think it would probably be best to end the friendship.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 1:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• We have two people in our life that are like that and they are dh's siblings. But they have been told that we don't approve of what/how they are living and do not what are children exposed to what they are doing. We see them at family things, Christmas, birthday parties, and such but they don't just pop in with whoever they are dating/living with at the moment anymore.
    Anonymous

• We have a lot of neighbors and acquaintances but very few people we call "friends" for this very reason. I know we're seen as being "stand-offish" in the community, but we value our true friendships and can't be bothered to waste time on people who don't share our same standards.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It depends on your definition of immoral. I have gay friends, so to some that would be immoral. However, we do tend not to associate with criminals or those who repeatedly break the law.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Because we all mess up and forgiveness is sometimes called for.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I guess it depends on what you label as "immoral." In general, if they aren't hurting us, we aren't going to remove them from our lives, but there are limits.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If it's close friends you kind of home they find the right way, but if they don't hurt me or my family I keep them as friends. Most likely they won't be around my kids as much as they are me anyway. For family, I can't chg them but some of them I can also avoid to some extent if I don't like the way they live, but they wouldn't have my kids alone, such as visits etc, if that was the case.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2011