? about EKG results.. help please!

Hi, my hubby went to dr. today because he is having back and chest pain. they did an xray of his back and he has a compressed vertebrae. the did an ekg and this is what the paper says "supra ventricular rhythm nonspecific intra ventricular conduction delay 110+ MS QRS duration borderline ecg" do you know what this means? can't find any info on internet.. also they are sending him for an upper gi tom.. but didn't say why.. any advice would be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Health

• supra ventricular rhythm = the beat originates above the ventricle (heart chamber)
    nonspecific intra ventricular = we don't know what it means, but it comes from inside the ventricle
    conduction delay = the electrical signal should pass through the heart faster
    110+ MS = 110 + Milliseconds, just a measure of time, shit cardiologists get excited about.
    QRS = one of the waves on the EKG (usually the second one that goes above and below the line)
    duration borderline ecg = the length of time it takes the electrical signal to do this is almost, but not quite at the length the cardiologist start to worry about things

I'd guess that they are thinking the pain is NOT cardiac related ...

I am not a people doctor, but a vet, and that is about what I can remember from my cardiology training. Most advanced disease goes to see a cardiologist.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 10:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2011