My son is 4 1/2 and has a loose tooth...

Isn't it a little early for loose teeth? I thought they didn't start to loose them til around 8 or so. Should I call his dentist? Or could this just be normal for him?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My DD was just 5 when she lost her first... So I don't think it's uncommon. Poor little one is 6 1/2 now and has 3 loose... I have to cut all her food real small... and she reminds us every day that the tooth fairy will be coming soon! LOL

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It's probably a little early but a lot of children lose their first at 5. Mine did. I know I did when I was a kid. Unless he hit it or something I wouldn't be too worried.
    Anonymous

• As far as I know he didn't fall or get hit or anything. He just came in the kitchen and started wiggling his tooth... It's kinda creepy... I almost puked. I always hated when my teeth were loose, and just the thought of it turns my stomach! But I want to make sure it's normal, I thought it was early...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• its a little bit early,but nothing to be concerned about. 5-6 is the norm. Was he an early teether?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2011