Back pain?

How can I prevent back pain? Just lately every time I vacuum it kills my lower back. I can't NOT vacuum, and obviously it affects other activities in my life. Any ways to prevent this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Health

• I would search online for some exercises you can do to strengthen your lower back.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Muscle pain ? try heating pad for a while . If worse like u cant hardly walk or bend . then may be a sciatic nerve which old folks remedy is tsp. apple vinager cider in am and pm . It works!!! Restless leg syndrome apple cider vinager is good for also . But to be sure i would go to doc . If u drink alot of soda can cause pain in lower back drink some cranberry . Hope this helps :)
    MargieGrimes

Answer by MargieGrimes at 1:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i have lower back pain and when it starts hurtin I have lay down for awhile or use a heatin pad
    momof1930

Answer by momof1930 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I am a pop drinker - GUILTY

I'll try to drink more water.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Back yoga. Also if you have an exercise ball( a big one) Lay over it, put your hands above your head and relax your body. You will get a great stretch that way & it helps release all that tension. Drink plenty of water, dehydration can cause muscle spasms. Do exercises that strengthen your core muscles. Meditation also helps to relax your mind and body. Hope this helps.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 3:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• while researching for fibromyalgia they say to use a yoga ball and sit on it alot. im getting ready to go buy one. also before i vacumm i put muscle rub on and take 3 ibprofins
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 4:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Go to a chiropractor. Is this a sudden thing or has it been like this for a while? If it's been a while, def. a chiro, if it's sudden, maybe the doc - I was having excruciating back pain in the middle of the night, ended up going ot the ER and found out it's a kidney stone.
    Anonymous