Spray-on tan for kids...?

My DD is 11 now and she wants to do it really badly. She's brunette with bright blue eyes and she loves the color of her skin in the summer because it brings out her eyes.

Anyway she's very onto her looks and into fashion and I don't know if I should allow her to do it or not.. She's not even allowed to wear make-up yet but I thought maybe since money is not an issue, she's a great kid does great in school I should let her do it..

Opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• No

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• ahhh I would say NO!! Way to early to start this type of behavior about it being all about looks!! And if she can't wear make-up why would you let her wear a type of full body make-up. That may also be sending her mixed messages I would think!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No, I think way to young. Let her stay young as long as you can.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Why not. It's just a spray tan, not like it's something permanent like a tattoo. Just let her know beforehand that she might get teased at school for being 'orange' (you know how kids are). Or you could get some of that gradually tanning lotion that they sell in stores. It actually works, and works well IMO.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• no way.....dont let it happen mama....do not let her do it....she maybe doing good in school or whatever but she is too young....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I wouldn't, just because it's a chemical that sits on your body at a time when your cells are still growing/dividing. We are already exposed to so much in our environment... to me this is just an added chemical exposure with no benefit beyond looking more tanned.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Maybe for a special occasion, but once you start with something like it is hard to stop. We were not allowed to do spray tan until we were 16yrs. old. That is why I would wait until they are a little older.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011