How do i get them to stop fighting and being mean to each other?

My goodness , yes they are boys and i know they are gonna fight but i swear these 2 hardly ever have a kind word to say to each other. Puberty is horrible why do we have to go thru it twice lol ,once was bad enough.

MargieGrimes

Asked by MargieGrimes at 1:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't get it either. But it will pass.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I know someone who made their kids sit on the couch holding hands for 15 minutes every time they fought. They learned really quickly to resolve their problems other ways.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My boys were best of friends growing up and then hit around 13 & 14 and seemed like mortal enemies. Now they are 17 & 18 and starting to outgrow it. Just look at it like this, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Eventually they will get along. I would just remind them you wont be around forever, and when you are gone they will only have each other.

Answer by gemgem at 2:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Ah my sister and brothers fought all the time. We HATED each other in our teen years. Now we are the best of friends and laugh about those days!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Maybe you should have a family meeting with the 2 of them and sit them down and go through several different scenarios of their relationship without you or their father- who will they you are all have? Just the 2 of them, so it so dire that they are going to have to stop fighting and get along, because in reality they will only have each other in the future. Twins in my family were having this issue and after the family meeting- they were both in tears and hugging each other. They still have an occasional fight here and there, but they remember the scripture Do not let the sun go down on your anger..." it helps because they give each other their space and then by the end of the day- they absolutely have to make up. "Its in the Bible" You could also try talking to them individually, then mediating what they said. Maybe, its silly stuff, like not respecting each others privacy. good luck!
    calatres

Answer by calatres at 2:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I know, they drive you crazy, if I had two at the same time going through it, alcholism would look REAL attractive to me!!! LOL

Just take it day by day.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2011