Clothes for tall and skinny toddlers

Question title says it all, really. My daughter needs pants in a 24 month for length but the waistband is too big (she can wear a 12 month size). Any idea of brands that are cut for toddlers that are tall and skinny?

CraftingMama

Asked by CraftingMama at 2:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• adjustable waist jeans!!! lol my daughter is the same...she needs a 4T for length but could most likely fit a 2T for waist...The Childrens Place jeans seem to work well for us but Old Navy, Levi's, and even some of the store brands have the adjustable waist bands now.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i don't know of any tall brand clothing for kids,...my dd's the same way, we've acutally had to start shopping in the girls section for her shirts, and we're just dealing with her jeans being a little short for now...spring is just a few months away thankfully! good luck!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My kids are all like that. They wore a lot of elastic waist pants and sometimes those were even too big. So we would sew in along the seams to get them to fit. Once they were about 4 we found jeans with adjustable waists. And those are a god send!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My daughter has a similiar problem. Usually at the beginning of the season her pants and sleeves will be too long and her pants will be hip huggers. We buy elastic waistbands and by the end of the season, she grows into them. We buy most of her clothing at JCPenny or Babies R Us.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I've had the same problem for years. I think when my daughter was younger, I put her in a lot of dresses, so I didn't have to worry about waistbands. Overalls work, too. As for brands, all I can advise is don't bother even looking at any Koala Kids stuff, but that's only at Babies 'r' Us. I've yet to find a brand that's great for a kid who weighs 4 lbs. less than usual for her height. I can say: look for pants with adjustable waists; they're more expensive, but you can take four or five inches off the waist if you need to. Also look for styles that are supposed to be slim-fitting, but will hang like non-slim-fit on your child. When your kid gets older, you can find some brands that have "Slim" cuts available via mail-order; Land's End comes to mind.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Slim cuts are still way too large. This is a child int he 95% for height but only 15% foe weight.
    CraftingMama

Comment by CraftingMama (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• The childrens place, old navy, kohls, gap. They all carry adjustable waist jeans. My 3 year old daughter is the same way. She wears a 4t in length and wears a 2t in waist
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I love Old Navy 'slim' pants. I have a skinny minny daughter myself and I've always been very satisfied when purchasing pants through them. Also Levi slim is a pretty good brand that I've purchased more than once due to liking the way they fit. Kohls is where I buy the Levi's from.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• A lot of pants from Walmart, Kmart and Children's place have adjustable waists. My daughter is tall and skinny, so I;ve had to get her jeans and other pants that have adjustable waist. I also got her a toddler belt.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 2:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes, all my son's jeans have adjustable waists. He's 3T in height but barely 24months in the waist.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2011