Why doesn't my daughter take naps??

My daughter is now a little over two months old, but she doesn't take naps very often. If she does, they are only about 10-15 minutes long and 45 minutes if we're lucky. I don't understand why this is because I thought at this age they took at least two naps a day. The car puts her to sleep, so she falls asleep when I take her anywhere. The other day grandma had her and took her out to run some errands, and she fell asleep and ended up sleeping like 5 hours! I was amazed, but I don't know how to get her into a cycle of taking naps because she gets so exhausted that she gets cranky and just won't fall asleep! Any advice??

nel2359

Asked by nel2359 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• all you can do is try to put her on a ruiten wake her up same time every morning lay her down for a nap at the same time every day twice a day and give her a bath befor bed to calm her. its probably just a faze and she will start to nap again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• my son was the same way when he was little. my dr told me that some babies just dont need as much sleep. my son is now 11 months old and im lucky if he takes a 15 min nap all day and he usually only sleeps like 8-9 hours at night. if she only naps for other ppl then maybe you should join a playgroup or a moms group to get to into the habit of taking a nap and then once it is her schedule she wont need the playgroup anymore to take a nap. and if she sleeps with you at night then that might be why she wont take a nap during the day because you arent going to sleep with her. just a couple of my ideas. hope they help
    tyhlarsmommy07

Answer by tyhlarsmommy07 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 13, 2008