A sucker for the Homeless!!???!!!

I went to lunch with a friend of mine. We had just sat down at a table facing the parking lot when I saw a homeless man walk up to a trash can, and started to rummage through it. Everyone else facing the lot just looked away. I sat there for about 5 minutes looking at this man, and could not take it anymore. I told my friend I had to do something. He did not want me to go, but I had too. I walked outside and stood close to the door and said, "Sir, would you like something to eat?" He looked up with a confused look on his face and said "Yes, oh Yes please." I walked with him over to the ordering station, and told him he could have whatever he wanted to eat. He then proceeded to order everything his poor heart could dream of. With a loving smile I handed him the receipt, and told him to have a great day. I was shocked when I turned around and found that people were giving him money. Everyone, after they saw what I did, started to give him money out their pockets. I was so happy to see that my act of kindness trickled down, and that we were able to bring this gentle man happiness if even for a night. : )

DO YOU HAVE ANY STORIES YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE???
ps: I don't recommenced approaching homeless people alone!!!! Use discretion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• =) thats so sweet of you! wink

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Very nice of you.... It reminds me of that show What Would You Do....

Once 1 person does/says something others follow.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i always pass homeless men and women selling $1 homeless newspapers on the corner near the hospital where i recieve chemo treatments. these people pay $.25 for each paper and sell them for $1 as a source of income. i typically hand them $5 and a snack and tell them to keep the change. i'm sure the extra $4 isnt really going to go very far, but i hope im not the only one who gives them a bit extra. plus, im sure the snack is nice when they stand there for long hours. im a big believer in karma and i think my generosity has had alot to do with the amazing results i've had from my treatments. i dont do it just for what benefit i may recieve, but every bit of good karma helps everyone involved ;)
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 2:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I was sitting outside of burger king and a guy walked up and asked us for money so me and my grandpa went and got him some food. After the 3 of us got outside another man walked up and thanked us for helping his brother and continued with telling us on how he refuses to help him anymore....I dont see how family could do that. But he had a great meal.....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I was standing behind a guy who was ordering chicken livers at KFC (I didn't even know they SOLD those?!?), but when it came time to pay he didn't have enough. He was less than $1 short but the cashier wasn't going to give it to him, so I handed him the dollar bill. The guy turned around and said "thank you, it's for my kids" - I told him to wait a minute and I ordered one of those 10 pc family meals with the sides to take home for his family. I don't know if he was homeless or not, but if he wasn't he was very close to it - and with kids to take care of!

Answer by missanc at 2:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It feels good to do things for other, not matter how big or small
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i would done the sme
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011