Where did my sweet baby go?

My well behaved, sweet son, has turned in to a beast! He will be 21 months tomorrow, and over the last few days, he's really acting out. Throwing food, toys, and instead of crying like he used to, screaming. I suspect part of the problem may be that he is teething, but otherwise, I don't know what is going on. Does anyone know what to do, or has had a similar experience? This is my first child.

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Welcome to the terrible twos. He is testing his limits. Be firm and consistant. Good luck!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Welcome to the "Terrible Twos!" It's perfectly normal for your toddler to exert his independence as he realizes that he is his own person!

This phase should last until he is about 25!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Ugh, I thought that's what it might be! Thanks!
    countrygirl1987

Comment by countrygirl1987 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• This phase should last until he is about 25!! LOL :o)

LOL 

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• actually my son is turning two in feb. and i was wondering the same thing! He hits me and laughs ( i dont even know where he picked that up!), he screams and has temper tantrums because i wont let him walk on tables and counters (he climbs EVERYTHING). I love him so much but my goodness! And the whole, i give him his sipper cup and he throws it and then wants it and i give it back to him and he throws it again and this never ending cycle has got to stop soon. Thats what my two hour car right to visit my inlaws was like today..and i kept giving it to him because who wants a screaming child in a car for two hours? ugh..well terrible twos here we come!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 11:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2011