The dead animals... advice

Do the recent animal deaths (birds, fish, and now cows) frighten you? Do you think its just a normal part of the world and its just being overly televised now and thats why we are noticing? Do you think the end is coming soon? Im serious and afraid :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• It happens quite a bit. We are hearing it more because everything is readily available. No need to stress or worry over it.
    Anonymous

• No need to be afraid, there is no use worrying about something you have no control over.

Answer by older at 2:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I didn't see anything about the cows, do you have a link?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I think its normal but just one more thing being used to keep us all afraid or try to.

Answer by gemgem at 2:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No.

I have few delusions about the safety of the planet --or the expectations to get off it alive. A mere 10% in volcanic activity and virtually all life on the planet will be exterminated. There is no force people have ever found that can stop (or start) a tsunami. Or a close-enough supernova that could wipe the atmosphere off the planet, or trigger a supernova of our own sun.

While 'rain of frogs' tends to make people think more of miracles or urban legends, sudden massive die-off happens to lots of species and the fact that we don't understand why doesn't point to anything any more miraculous than 'people don't know everything.'
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• http://thesop.org/story/20110117/holy-cow-dead-fish-dead-birds-dead-crabs-and-now-dead-cows.html

the link about the cows.

I have faith in God so I know I shouldnt fear but it does make me quite anxious. 

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• The cows is a new one on me.
    Anonymous

• I'd be more worried about something like mad cow disease than the end of the world.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I have few delusions about the safety of the planet --or the expectations to get off it alive. A mere 10% in volcanic activity and virtually all life on the planet will be exterminated. There is no force people have ever found that can stop (or start) a tsunami. Or a close-enough supernova that could wipe the atmosphere off the planet, or trigger a supernova of our own sun.

***

bowing down

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Why does it look like summer in the photo with the dead cows?
    Also, herds die often and it's more of a loss to the farmer then a sign of the end of the world. Cows dies from viruses, poison from their environment, starvation and so on.
    There is nothing to be worried about, animals die off in huge numbers often it's just something the news has taken and run off with,
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 3:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2011