Thief steals laptop...with possible cure for cancer on it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110114/ts_yblog_thelookout/laptop-containing-possible-cancer-cure-stolen-at-panera-bread

Who leaves their laptop in their car in full view?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 2:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• You would be surprised!

Especially when people didn't buy the equipment. Another of my questions is how can you have a possible cure for cancer and not back up your data?!?

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Another of my questions is how can you have a possible cure for cancer and not back up your data?!?

EXACTLY!!!!! Not sure I'm buying it!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Exactly, Charis76. That's what external hard drives are for.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I'm not buying it either. If the guy was "this close" to discovering a cure for cancer, he wouldn't be so "callous" as to leave his potential multi-billion dollar cure on a piece of technology, where it could easily be seen and stolen. And ESPECIALLY without have multiple back up storage devices!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Not only that but there would be YEARS worth of data and tests,,,,not everying on a computer...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Sorry to be so negative but don't these people get tons of funding?

I would be interested in knowing if a review was coming up.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Read your local crime reports- people leave way too much in their cars! Maybe IBM's Watson computer will help them find the answer again. "I'll take cures for cancer for 1000 Alex." :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If it's true... I hope the cure is released for public knowledge, so that the pharmaceutical can't get a damn dime!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I agree with the back-up thing. Why would you only have it on that one computer. If you are smart enough to find a cure for cancer, you should be smart enough to understand computers break. You back up EVERY THING.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If it had a cure for cancer on it I doubt they would carelessly leave it out like that.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2011