The twins have dry skin on their scalp

under their hair. What should I do?

TALuke

Asked by TALuke at 2:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Totally normal, just wash and moisturize, it will eventually go away.

Answer by older at 2:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Its called cradle cap. When DD had it, I bought a special shampoo from Target. It had Winnie the Pooh on the bottle and it was especially for cradle cap. I'm sure there are other products in the baby isle.

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• An old time remedy that works is: Rub baby OIL (not lotion) into the areas where you see the cradle cap leave it on till the next a.m. the wash it out with the normal tearless shampoo. Depending on how thick and bad it is will decide how many times you will need to repeat this. When you go to wash the scalp the stuff will actually peel or chunk off leave healthy looking scalp that's underneath. It is common, has nothing to do with hygine and the tendency to have it does not last long.
    gram22

Answer by gram22 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My little one has that also. Mustela makes a cream(Babies R Us)....You rub it on their head and a few hours later give a bath and it really helps... Also, it doesn't stink and the consistency is thin :-)
    msparklym13

Answer by msparklym13 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2011