Big Question.

What does bouncing on a labor ball do?
I'm at 4 cm...3rd child..39 weeks?
Went to labor & delievery last night sent me home because contractions aren't regular and cervix hadn't changed since they checked me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's "supposed" to help the baby drop down into the birth canal and increase contractions. But IMO you would be better off walking and walking ALLOT to bring on labor.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:16 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• maybe it helps with gravity i dont know. I used one while i was in labor but thats becuz it took the pressure off my tailbone and i was able to bounce durring contractions which helped me through the pain.
    Id say walk walk walk. that will help regulate your contractions and help open up the cervic cuz of gravity.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• It's just more comfortable for some women because it disperses pressure on your tailbone, pelvis and hips. And the bouncing or rocking motion helps everything stretch and widen to prepare for birth. Also, any kind of movement helps keep your mind of the pain of contractions.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:20 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• with my first they put me on a labor ball. it was anoying to me.BUT i was in alot of pain so every thing was anoying at that moment. but it helped get my mind off the pain and consentrated on working the ball. the "cushyness" of the ball kinda helps relieve some of the pressure . it keeps you upright so the baby decends faster. and it keeps you moving with out having to be on your feet. so the contractions pick up and stay. i could not go walking when in labor. i did not take themeds so i was in too much pain to walk around. but all in all the ball was ok. i used it for prolly over an hour b4 begging my doctor to let me lay back down. i was in labor for 12 1/2 hours and pushed for over an hour.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 11:25 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• How long do I need to bounce on the ball?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• There is no set time frame or rules about it. Just do what works for you. If you like it, stay on it. If it's not working or you hate it, try something else.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:31 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Well they said "the baby was still floppy"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• It also helps to get your baby in a proper position before birth. I read that just sitting on it or lying over it for the last 4-6 weeks can help get your baby in the right position to be born.
    Anonymous