Plan B?

I am 150% agenst abortion. I believe as soon as your pregnant thats a baby and thats your baby. I would never have an abortion. But I'm not so sure about this plan B either.. I had my baby four months ago and one night me and my BF had an insident where our protection fell off somehow and he was about to go get plan B but I told him I didnt want to and I didnt like the whole plan B. What is it exactly? No matter how prego I am I wont get rid of my baby or even fetus. Who is ok with Plan B? and do you think I would agree also, I dont know much about it, and it would be so hard haviong another baby being only 18.

Glouii

Asked by Glouii at 3:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's a strong dose of a hormonal birth control pill.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Plan B IS NOT the abortion Pill and it WILL NOT terminate an already existing pregnancy. It clearly states that on the comercial, and on the box itself. I would use it, if I was vulnerable to get pregnant, because it's NOT the same thing as having an abortion, its 2 different things. Besides, you can only use plan b 72 hours after having sexual intercourt, (72 hours, might be a little less, i'm not sure, i forgot) As there's are my own opinions, everyone is entitles to there on =)
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I think some doctors will suggest it up to 5 days after unprotected intercourse, but its effectiveness goes down.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I would use it if I were raped.
    Since I was married it didnt really matter if we had an oops.
    Anonymous

• the plan b pill i know of that u can get at the pharmacy that they commercials for on tv, is only effective like 3 days after the incident of failed protection. & the sooner u take it the better it works. it does not kill or abort a baby! if u are already pregnant it will not do anything. (wont work, wont terminate anything). this is what the commercial says. so it will also tell u this on the packaging. & if u ask the pharmacist.
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Plan B does NOT cause you to abort the baby. If you are already pregnant it does NOTHING. If you aren't pregnant you have to take it within 24-48 hours or you can still get pregnant. If you are under 18, you need a prescription, but otherwise you can go to any pharmacy and get it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If Im already prego and it doesnt abort the baby, will it hurt him or cause problems after he's born?
    ?
    Glouii

Comment by Glouii (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It prevents you from getting pregnant, it doesn't abort a pregnancy. If you are already pregnant the Plan B pill won't work. If you're okay with taking regular birth control pills, Plan B does essentially the same thing. It sheds your uterus to make sure your egg doesn't implant, therefore you never even conceive.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe in it because while it doesn't abort an existing baby...it will however stop a fertilized egg from implanting into your uterus, which is when you are considered pregnant. I believe that it is a baby when the sperm meets the egg, therefor, stopping the baby from implanting into your uterus is considered abortion in my eyes.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Thats true, i dont think i like it becuz i believe that also that ur pregnant when the sperm goes into the egg. Thank you so much thats what i wanted to know
    Glouii

Comment by Glouii (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2011