Have you told your partner about all of your past relationships?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• we have been together for 20+ yrs married for 17+ and he knows all he needs to know. I dont believe there is a need for 100% disclosure of past relationships. I think honesty about the important things - dangerous behavior, abortions, adoptions, past proposals, past marriages (none in our case), or anything out of the norm or that would effect the current marriage... but there is no need for complete disclosure.

Anonymous

• NO WAY!
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 3:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• yep
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yep. It wasn't hard because I didn't have anything to be ashamed of. I wonder sometimes if I'd been like some of my friends if I would have been so willing to share it all.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes, he knows about them all.

Answer by louise2 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I had no past relationships when I married my husband.

I had my fair share of lovers, however I never had "relationships" with any of them. My husband of 25 years has been my one and only real relationship. Now does my husband know about all of my lovers, and all the nitty gritty details in regards to all of them. Nope. He's never asked. My past lovers, and his, aren't really something either one of us have ever cared enough about to ask questions. Each of us has a past, and that's where the past stays, in the past. If my husband does ask questions, yes I answer with full honesty and full disclosure. He just never has really asked (and neither have I.. I have no interest in his relationships before me).
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes, and I wished I hadn't to quote Jack Nicholson "The truth? You can't handle the truth!"
    calatres

Answer by calatres at 3:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• yes. absolutley. if u cant tell your SO ...thats not really a good thing. u should be open with each other & want to know ones past, & know what one has had to go thru. it can be rather insightful
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• wow, I don't think we have that much time left in life! I'm a child of the 60's!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2011