Have you listened to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s speeches?

I just listened to excerpts from several of them this morning on the radio. I've never fully appreciated his words until now.... He was such a wise man. How could someone murder another human being who was trying to make this world a better place? The things he was saying about the war in Vietnam could be said word for word about the war we're fighting now. What a shame we can't learn from our mistakes....

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 3:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• honestly no
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Oh, you should khf22. They are profound in a way I can't explain. You just have to hear it from him.
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• of course i did..all the negative comments should be banned loser..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• History will repeat itself. Same issues new faces
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 3:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• agreed...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I know, RidingPink. Sad, isn't it. I've always been a "watcher", and try not to step in the same piles of crap (figuratively) that the person in front of me just did. Lord knows I step in enough of my own.
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• BTW... does anyone know the name of the person responsible for his assassination?
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I've only heard bits and pieces, I would love to hear the whole thing, but yes he was very wise. The world lost a great man the day he was murdered. So, horribly sad! I marched and danced in the Martin Luther King Parade we have here when I was in high school. I was one of the very few white people there which actually made me sad because it was part of his dream that black and white would hold hands in friendship and regardless of race he was just such a special person.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes I have.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 3:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2011