Any Dental Hygenist out there can help answer a few questions? I need help please!

So I've had on & off pain in my ear, socket of my eye & bad presure on & off. Had the molar filled & though he explained it might need a root canal he claimed he was able to save the tooth, however I still feel the pressure @ times it almost reminds me of a sinus infection. Iasked him if iti could of been infected he said no so why am I still feeling this way? Also can u explain the diffence between a crown & root canal I am told I need 2 rc & 1 crown. Not too sure if he's trying to milk my insurance & not everything is covered. What should I be looking for in my xray to confirm any of these diagnosis. Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Bellafleurs

Asked by Bellafleurs at 11:21 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Health

Level 1 (-8 Credits)
  • First you need to see your Dr and /or your Dentist immediately. A root canal is done when the root is dead/infected/damaged beyond healing. The Dentist removes all the root and fills the space with a synthetic material. It is very important ALL root is removed. The tooth is then crowned because it is now a shell with out living structure. W/O the crown the tooth will break into pieces. If you've had a tooth previously crowned due to a breakage or something a root canal can be performed without removing the existing crown. They just drill through the top and fill it after... Can ya tell I've had a few of these?..LOL

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2008