wedding announcement ?

I will be having a VERY small (parents kids 1 aunt and best friend) wedding, but I want to send formal announcements out. Opinions on after the fact or before?? Announcing we got married or ones that we will be getting married in a private ceremony.
And for the few people that are actually invited would you bother to make real invites? (like 5 of them...)
THANKS!

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• You would usualy send out the announcements before you get married. Although just a warning you may get some pissed people becuse they are not invited to attend. But usualy they will call trying to get more info(when/if they do just tell them it is a courthouse wedding and you already have the 2 you need to wittness) I wouldnt make the invites for 5 people. That just dosnt seem worth the time to me. But once again that is just me. Most people dont keep them usualy it is just you and soon to be DH that will keep it for an album or something like that. Good luck in your marrige and congrats!n I hope the 2 of you live a long and happy life together. =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I know from experience that some people treasure the invites. I made mine myself. It would be a good touch for the 5 people invited to get invites.
    As for the announcement, Are you afraid that people will be upset that you don't invite them? I think the traditional thing to do is to announce the engagement, no? In the engagement announcement you can mention that you will be married in a private ceremony.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 3:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If you dont wanna invite people, dont tell them. Thats like throwing it in their face that you're getting married and they're not invited.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 3:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I think it would be most appropriate to send it out worded after the fact... but mail it the day of or right after. I wouldnt wait weeks to send them out.

Im sure there are some BEAUTIFUL ways to word it too.... and congratz!!!

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I'm having a small wedding and sending out announcements after the wedding to those who are not invited

Answer by admckenzie at 3:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2011