how do i recover dh's email password?

i'm pretty sure dh is cheating...again. he cheated the first time nearly 3 years ago. i thought we were doing great... he told me his new password after i caught him, but he changed it again today. it is linked to his ako, which i don't know the password for. i don't know the answer to the security question b/c it's such a random question. if he wasn't deployed right now, i'd just leave him, but i'm not that heartless. i can't just pack our things and leave him, he deserves to see his kids when he gets home. i just need to know if there's a way to recover it without having to change the password...please no bashing, i'm already heartbroken...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Hmmm... If you don't know the security question, then there isn't a way.. Is there another way to find out? Phone messages or something of that sort?
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Maybe he's just talking to friends. They may be women but it may not be cheating. Don't over react. Let's be real. If he were cheating he could create a new email address that you don't know about.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Before you pry into his email, you should look at the most recent case in which the judge ruled in favor of the wife who had cheated, and fined the now-ex for damages because of his prying.. It is actually illegal for you (even if you are married) to open his mail, or violate his email account.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Actually, that is illegal. Why don't you just ask him for his password again then open the account in front of him?
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• With it being an ako account I would be very very careful. That is government and you could get into serious trouble for that. Plus he may have changed it for another reason. I know my husband complained ako making him change his password and security question every few months for security reasons. Half the time he can't even remember it so he makes to write down and keep it for him. Good luck.
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• he is deployed...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• it isn't his ako that i need access to, its his yahoo...
    altho, having access to his ako would be great too :P
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Btw, I'm an army wife and if you need someone to talk to I would be glad to listen anytime, day or night. I know what it's like, just send me a PM.
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• sorry you're heartbroken, but I'm hoping that you don't find a way to recover that password since that's a scary security situation.

sorry dear, but either way, I don't think you want it counting against you that you do things like that if push came to shove.
    could make you look like a paranoid off balanced female.

Think you may just have to deal with and decide what you want to do without doing something like breaking into his email.

not even sure how legal that is, wife or not.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i would just come out and ask him if you could have his information and if he wont give it to you iw ould just come out ask him is hiding something that you dont need to see or just come out and just ask him is there anotherperson in his life
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2011