does anyone know of any legit telecommute transcription jobs from home?

sophiasmommy720

Asked by sophiasmommy720 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• No but I would love to know the answer to that too.
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I am not sure about you situation or anything but as for myself I have a six month old child, my fiance and I have hit some very hard times financially. With his job he has got more hours working which is great but we only have one car so I have been trying my hardest to get a job from home. Most jobs are scams or trying to recruit people. Which I am not looking for. There are virtual assistant jobs which I have applied for but not heard back from yet. I would like to work for a business or company that I am gartenteed a income. I love to type but would rather do work for a company rather than freelancing.
    sophiasmommy720

Comment by sophiasmommy720 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• First - if you're searching for "at home jobs" or any variation of that term, then you probably feel like banging your head against a wall from all the "Buy My Program And I'll Make You Rich" scams out there. Change your search terms to include the word "virtual" - as in virtual secretary. And a good (and reputable) place to start is ratracerebellion.com Be prepared to 'bid for jobs' because a lot of the work is contract work - and you're competing with other people to get the work. There are some very legitimate resume' writing jobs that you can do from home - but be prepared for a VERY hard and rigorous training wherein you won't get hired (or paid during training) until you prove you can do the work. There are also legit customer service jobs - where you answer phone calls from your home - but a LOT of them require weeks of training at THEIR facility before you start. (apply and start today is almost 100% sales or scams)
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 4:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• and - the virtual assistant jobs have so many applicants till they could probably use a new person every day for the rest of this decade and still not run out of applicants. I think you might be better off going for temp work from an agency, especially if freelancing is not your bag.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 4:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities. I have mentioned a couple of transcription jobs on there lately.  Transcription jobs can also be found on MTdaily.com.  They are legit.  They might be hard to get, because there is such a high demand, but they are totally legit.   You can read my blog at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• ha yes baning my head off he desk has come across my mind before lol. but i have found some actual virtual assistant job out there i recently applied for some and am hoping to hear back from them but while i am still searching i thought that maybe someone on here would have come across something that they would recommend. and thank you m-avi i will check out your blog and see if anything may help.
    sophiasmommy720

Comment by sophiasmommy720 (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• For medical or legal transcription jobs, I would totally recommend the job listing website www.FlexJobs.com. It's a site that is dedicated to finding and listing pre-screened, legitimate telecommuting and flexible schedule jobs. Because the job listings are pre-screened, you won't find any scam job postings and will probably spend a lot less time banging your head against the desk :) Good luck with your search!
    BrieReynolds

Answer by BrieReynolds at 8:33 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Check with local companies.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I’m looking for a job but I do this in my free time. (Mostly when my 10 month old is napping) Cashcrate.com They don’t ask for credit card numbers or personal info. It’s free. Why not earn money in your free time while you look!?! It doesn’t hurt to try right!?! Cashcrate.com Good luck!!!
    nutty_acorn

Answer by nutty_acorn at 11:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2011